Simple question about Pools (Redundancy / Array limit)

Hello everyone,

I discover the "Pool" feature of UNRAID, and i would like to be sure of its functionning.

I think i have no need of a Cache Pool (Parity : two mechanical drives with 1Gbps local network), but i may use Pool feature for :

- UNRAID docker (appdata, domains, isos and system folders)

- VMs

I was thinking of two Pools (for Docker and for VMs) then, with each time two 256gb SSDs.

1/ To be sure : if my pool contains two SSDs, it will use a sort of "mirror raid", so if one SSD fails, i can still manage to rebuild the data ?

Right now, i use "VM Backup" to backup my VMs (on a single SSD Pool) in the array, and my Docker files are inside the array.

2/ Each disk inside a pool did not count in the array limit ? (12 drives in my case).

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Keichi said:

if my pool contains two SSDs, it will use a sort of "mirror raid", so if one SSD fails, i can still manage to rebuild the data ?

Yes, that's the default mode.

1 hour ago, Keichi said:

Each disk inside a pool did not count in the array limit ? (12 drives in my case).

They do count.

Hello JorgeB,

Thanks for the quick reply !

Ok, then i cannot add 2 pools of 2 SSDs with my Plus licence (already have 2 partity + 8 disks).

I knew i needed to take the Pro licence directly haha !

Nevermind, UNRAID deserve my money, it is so great !

Thank you :)