Interface Ethernet Port 0 is down. Check cable! Error

Hi,

Getting the error in subject line.  Tried following steps I found in a few other posts on this matter (some not applicable to me since not using NIC card) and haven't had any luck yet.  It started earlier today after I swapped out 2x1TB cache drives I had in pool for a single 2TB cache drive to get extra storage. Since the first time booting back up after that I can only boot into GUI with monitor directly connected to server but not into webGUI.  Diagnostics file attached.  What is really weirding me out is that nothing should've shorted (no power surges, etc.) between me properly stopping array shutting down, following these steps to swap the cache drives around and now I don't even get a light on my motherboard's ethernet port telling me any of the different cables I tried are even connected.  Tried both ports on motherboard's I/O panel with same result and it was literally working fine until I swapped cache drives out and consolidated the two to the single drive.

Running v6.9.2 - hardware specs in signature. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If not for fact I've spent last week just loading data onto this brand new server I would start over but really do not want to try and start from scratch losing that time.  I also saw from other posts from people who tried this to fix problem and didn't work.

Posts/Steps I've tried to date:

1. Renaming /config/network.cfg on flash drive to different file name and booting back up server but this did not do anything that I could tell.
  2. Put original file back to /config/network.cfg since nothing happened and no other file was recreated as I thought might happen from previous step and using text editor on another computer I updated text in network.cfg file to say below. Now it shows 192.168.1.23 in the top right corner on direct GUI like it should but it is not actually connected.  Seems like this fix only forced it to display what should be the right IP address for me.
    • # Generated settings:
      IFNAME[0]="br0"
      DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="yes"
      DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.1"
      DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
      BRNAME[0]="br0"
      BRNICS[0]="eth0"
      BRSTP[0]="no"
      BRFD[0]="0"
      PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
      USE_DHCP[0]="no"
      IPADDR[0]="192.168.1.23"
      NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
      GATEWAY[0]="192.168.1.1"
      USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
      SYSNICS="1"

jeffunraid-diagnostics-20210422-2332.zip

Edited by Canes
Adding Diagnostic File

I have tried multiple cables and different ports on switch (Orbi RBS850 satellite that was working fine). Does this mean anything that eth0 says Link detected: yes in the /system/ethtool.txt file?  What file are you referencing so I can try and learn too.

**Mistakenly pulled this from different diags file taken prior to issue developing**

Settings for eth0:
	Supported ports: [  ]
	Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
	                        100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
	                        1000baseT/Full
	                        2500baseT/Full
	Supported pause frame use: Symmetric
	Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
	Supported FEC modes: Not reported
	Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
	                        100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
	                        1000baseT/Full
	                        2500baseT/Full
	Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
	Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
	Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
	Speed: 1000Mb/s
	Duplex: Full
	Auto-negotiation: on
	Port: Twisted Pair
	PHYAD: 0
	Transceiver: internal
	MDI-X: off (auto)
	Supports Wake-on: pumbg
	Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
                               drv probe link
	Link detected: yes

Edited by Canes
context to what i quoted from a different diags file

Sorry - just realized I pulled a different (older) diagnostics file from when I was trying to diagnose a flash device error and networking was working fine then. Mixed up the two.

That is the file to look at though in the diags to see if shows link connected?

I went ahead and ordered a different motherboard from Amazon Prime that should arrive Sunday. Sucks I'll have to rebuild but I guess it is what it is when dealing with defective motherboard if we think NIC is issue.  Going to ship the old one back to Newegg this weekend and works out nicely they give you free return label for defective products.