Restore missing share

Hi,

The strangest thing just happened.

I have (well, had) 2 shares - "Storage" and "House".

I was transferring around 300GB of data onto "Storage" using Windows file explorer.
I saw that my cache disk was getting full and even with the mover running it wasn't clearing it out fast enough.

My share was set to "Yes" for using the cache pool however due to the impending lack of space I changed this to "No".
I hit the save button and suddenly both of my shares have vanished from the UI and the data transfer stopped.
My computer is no longer able to connect or access either share.

So right now, the shares have dissapeared. My SSD cache drive is currently showing as 100% usage and the mover is apparently running (and has been for a long time now). By going to "Main" and then clicking the folder icon on any of my 3 data drives I can see the directories called "Storage" and "House" at root level.

So my first question is, how do I get this fixed and get my shares back?

My second question is, how/why did this happen and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

I quite urgently need access to these files so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Whenever you change a setting like that, SMB gets restarted with the net result that all of your shares will drop (and transfers also).  But the system should start sharing them again within a few seconds.

You should attach your diagnostics (Tools - Diagnostics) to your next post so we can see why nothing is showing up in the UI.

2 hours ago, WelshDev said:

I was transferring around 300GB of data onto "Storage" using Windows file explorer.
I saw that my cache disk was getting full and even with the mover running it wasn't clearing it out fast enough.

It is impossible to move from cache to slower array as fast as you can write to cache. Mover is intended for idle time. If you need to write more than cache can hold don't cache.

2 hours ago, WelshDev said:

Thanks for your help.
It looks like a reboot has fixed the problem.

I've bought a bigger SSD for my cache so that this won't be a problem anymore.

Thanks!

You should also ensure that you have the Minimum Free Space setting for the cache/pool to be larger than the biggest file you expect to transfer.   That way if the free space drops below this value then Unraid will start automatically by-passing the cache for any new files so that transfers are slower but you do not get an error generated.