Device Temperature Warnings ignoring settings

Hi there,

I've got a Crucial SSD in my Undraid Box, piped directly into a VM (not part of an array etc.).

I keep receiving temperature warnings from Unraid around the 44-48° mark, which is not anywhere near the limit. I checked the manual for the drive and adjusted the temperatures for this drive in Unraid to match (see image), yet I still keep getting the same emails from Unraid multiple times per day:

1. Warning [BWD-CCN-HV01] - device dev1 is hot (48 C)

2. Notice [BWD-CCN-HV01] - device dev1 returned to normal temperature

Does anyone know what is causing these emails to still trigger? Is there another setting I need to configure elsewhere to change this?

It's just this single drive - none of the others trigger the notification. Similarly, whenever I log into Unraid, the dashboard doesn't even report temperatures anywhere near what the emails say for that drive, with them usually sitting around 33°

Any help is appreciated, as these emails are extremely annoying!

Thank you in advance.

image.png

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but I think it just fixed itself one day.

I've checked my config to see if I'd changed the temp warnings to just be super high (because that sounded familiar) but they're still 55/65, so I can only presume that it fixed itself one day and I didn't notice...

Sorry!