[Solved] Unraid 6.9.2 - Kernel Panic every 2-3 days

Hi all, recent-ish new user. I have been having hell with my UnRaid box since the 6.9 upgrade. Out of laziness, just reboot and it comes back no big. But reconnecting all my NFS mounts... tedious... 

I have attached the picture of the screen prior to reboot. I did grab a DIAG but understand it doesn't likely have the info. But wanted to get this started just in case there is something there. In the meantime I will be ready to jump in SSH to get the syslog on the next fail. 

Please let me know if I can provide anything else in the meantime. 

20210519_141452.jpg

nas-diagnostics-20210519-1423.zip

Edited by b.dubbin
On 5/20/2021 at 4:57 AM, b.dubbin said:

If you mean downgrade, sure I suppose I could do that but wanna see what troubleshooting can be done prior.

I think we're very different ages, my friend. I'm, obviously, looking forward to protect/backup. I'm very happy to hear that you're still going forward.

Not at all sure how age factors in to back up methodologies. You either practice one or you don't. While I appreciate the notion of asking and encouraging of implementing a best practice back up and restore plan I really fail to see what age has to do with it. 

Obviously we are different wave length in regards to our usage plans of this of this wonderful software. Having worked in enterprise QA, I thought I would post about kernel panic. If it turns out to be nothing great Ill attempt a downgrade or restore/fresh image, otherwise maybe troubleshooting will revel issues that hadn't yet been discovered. 

Not sure if you meant a condescending tone or not so I will assume it wasn't mean to be, feel free to correct me if my assumption is incorrect. 

Wanted to drop and update. Big thanks to @JorgeB ! I have been stable since disabling the associated docker containers that had IPs. While not ideal, also not a problem for me atleast I just migrated them elsewhere. 

I have been stable for 6 days no issues at all.

Will work on getting the FS ironed out here in a week or 2. 

@Rkchard - Nice to know that a downgrade to the 6.9.1 would also work as possible solution. Do you have a docker containers with IPs? 

• Like 1
  • b.dubbin changed the title to [Solved] Unraid 6.9.2 - Kernel Panic every 2-3 days