Share Unmaps itself, Windows 10

Just finished setting up our storinator server running Unraid. It is on our network domain, but I am having issues mapping it. 

I can map it manually on each machine and It will work for a little bit, but will randomly disconnect and unmap itself from the system. This happens across multiple users. Any ideas? Not currently using GPO for any of our mapped drives on the network and our windows server drives work fine

14 hours ago, cmikottis said:

Any reason why? Many of my users would much rather like the convince of an actual mapped drive.

Users are always a pain to any nice network.  :D

What I do is make use of the Quick Access in the top left side of Windows Explorer.  Pin their network folders in there.  And for the real oldies pin a shortcut to the desktop.

Use Explorer\Options to make it open to Quick Access (usually the default).  That then deals with most people are looking for a X: drive

I've avoided using Mapped Drive letters since the XP\DOS days.  Pinning shortcuts around for the users is normally good enough for most in these GUI days.

On 5/23/2021 at 8:12 AM, Batter Pudding said:

Users are always a pain to any nice network.  :D

What I do is make use of the Quick Access in the top left side of Windows Explorer.  Pin their network folders in there.  And for the real oldies pin a shortcut to the desktop.

Use Explorer\Options to make it open to Quick Access (usually the default).  That then deals with most people are looking for a X: drive

I've avoided using Mapped Drive letters since the XP\DOS days.  Pinning shortcuts around for the users is normally good enough for most in these GUI days.

Another reason I would like to be able to map them is we currently use logmein (I know, I know) for remote access. And their file explorer only works on mapped drives.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:20 PM, cmikottis said:

logmein (I know, I know) for remote access. And their file explorer only works on mapped drives.

You should be hassling that company too.  Get them to update their outdated products.  Remind them the days of XP are long gone.  :D  I abandoned them long ago due to that kinda attitude.

Have you tried just typing the \\ip-address\ path in to their file explorer?  See if it will jump to the right place?  I'm kinda guessing they are just using very out of date libraries in their software if it doesn't properly handle a network UNC path.