quick question..

i have two pro keys, i want to make a duplicate server from my original server however the hardware is going to be different. how can i copy everything from the main server to a back up server and keep them both sync'd,

Thats the ultimate goal.

any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

You could run rsync on each of your shares. If you have several you could write a script based on rsync. You could use the User Scripts plugin to schedule the script. How often you run it depends on how often your file system changes and how tightly you want the backup synced to the main sever.

3 hours ago, Wiseone001 said:

i have two pro keys, i want to make a duplicate server from my original server however the hardware is going to be different. how can i copy everything from the main server to a back up server and keep them both sync'd,

Thats the ultimate goal.

any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

it is not clear if you are asking about copying configuration information so the second server is set up to be similar to the first or if you are talking about the data on the servers (or both).

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

it is not clear if you are asking about copying configuration information so the second server is set up to be similar to the first or if you are talking about the data on the servers (or both).

I want to make an exact duplicate of one server to another (both would be on different hardware) so the configs would I'm sure be different as far as the disk and storage capacity. but the end result is to have 2 pro unraid systems that are either identical as far as shares, plugin's and dockers (VMS possibly) or if I'm really lucky synchronized systems that keep each other up to date if either of them change.  my hope is to have a completely identical system as a back up if required... I'm experimenting while i have access to hardware.