ZOTAC H55ITX-C-E - looks like a promising new miniITX board

Rajahal

ZOTAC H55ITX-C-E LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Currently $109, or $89 after MIR

Seems like a promising new board for an i3 build, and it has a lot of nice modern features.  6 onboard SATA ports (which is unusual for miniITX boards), and a PCIe x16 slot for expansion.  You could max it out at 14 drives with the addition of a SASLP card, and get that 15th drive using the rear eSATA port.  Personally, I would probably use it for an 8 drive server (adding a cheap 2 port PCIe x1).

As far as I know, this is the first i3 miniITX board with 6 onboard SATA ports and a full PCIe x16 expansion slot.  It is at least the first in this price range.  It would also make a nice HTPC board.

I doubt anyone has tested this board yet as it is so new, but anyone has, please share!

I've been using this (or at least the WiFi version of it) as my main WinOS system with an i3 530 CPU for a while now (~6 months) without issue. I have not tried updating the BIOS, nor have I tried running unRAID on it.

At that price point, it's a nice little board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently using the Zotac G43ITX-A-E with 5 SATA ports and full PCI-Ex16 slot, but just tested it last night and couldn't get SATA controllers,Ebay(x1) and Supermicro(x4), to work with it.  Do SATA controllers work with the H55ITX-C-E board?

I have one of these (G43ITX-A-E) on order and plan to use a Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 in it.  Have you had any luck getting it to work?

Archived