Manually resize a VM

I'm struggling a little here and could do with some help please.  I have ran out of space within a vdisk, and i am not able to change the vdisk size within the VM settings in the GUI as the option doesn't exist.

image.thumb.png.ea257cf9e92b308caf732827abeaf877.png

I have tried to use the terminal to change it, using qemu-img resize /mnt/vms_nvme/domains/SH-GAME-W10-01/vdisk.img 60G (and many other paths) but not successful as it says the file or directory doesn't exist.

image.png.58a7b7b2f8313df7ba5068ff8d9dc160.png

The folder seems to exist, but i'm not sure if it's a directory mapping issue or something else as i can't navigate to the folder.

I've tried to navigate to the folder where the VM is located and unable to do so.  Can anyone show me how?  Currently the VM will boot to windows but fails to load properly due to the disk being maxed.

Thanks

Edited by Jacko_

I'm not sure i was being very clear.

I can see the folders for my VMs in the below directory using terminal:

image.png.58a7b7b2f8313df7ba5068ff8d9dc160.png.fc31c6a461e8258a23b2a336d9811b60.png

If i try to access the folder i can't:

image.png.eea87dd7a39b3ccb3f4bc1608f3b2ad1.png

Which is why i wondered if it's a drive mapping issue that i can't figure out?  If i use krusader i can navigate to the folder and see the vdisk

image.thumb.png.c132396bb363d14088ea5b08e0203539.png

21 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

This will increase the size by 20 GB

It will not, however, add the space to the partition inside the image. For that, you will need to expand the partition. Easiest way I know of is to download gparted live or some other utility iso that can manipulate partitions, and set up a new VM with the utility iso set as the install medium, and the vdisk.img file you need to operate on as the primary disk.

2 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

I never tried, I'm sure gparted will work, but shouldn't be booting into windows and operate from disk utility to expand the partition an easier option?

Yep.

1 hour ago, Jacko_ said:

Currently the VM will boot to windows but fails to load properly due to the disk being maxed.

• Like 1