how do you recover from a multi cache drive setup when 1 drive fails?

so i been playing with having a 2nd cache.. i use like 6 300gb hard drives 

for my lancache 

now the 1 drive failed.. and i did the turn off array change the drive shove back in and fire it up  for the new drive

instead of letting it format the single drive  the whole 6 drives broken i swapped back the old drive..  but its still unmountable.

i set the drives up as non mirror just the single drive use.. so  i should be able to mount the 5 drives and access the files indvidually per disk

how can i  as ill just move to the array for now

file system is BTRFS

i need to save my files off the lancache. for epic games its takeen me more then a month  24/7 to download around 800gb  for the games as my internet is not as good as others.. and i need to save the lancache  i downloaded..

so need help

or how do i renable the filesystem  so i can then krusader it to the array..  but its unmountable  but u didnt format them

cache.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20210711-1205.zip

Edited by comet424

ive tried

mount -t btrfs -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sdb1 /mnt/test/lancache

it mounts but when you copy with midnight commander  i get errors

and i get sooo manyhours to copy 

am i mounting things wrong

how do i mount all those disks minus  the one that failed in blue..  so i can move/copy the files off it to the array

how do i mount each drive individuallly  and move the files  off each drive to the array into a single folder   maybe better  as i had to choose skip all  it didnt like things

cacheprobs.PNG

Edited by comet424
18 hours ago, comet424 said:

i set the drives up as non mirror just the single drive use.. so  i should be able to mount the 5 drives and access the files indvidually per disk

You can't, single profile requires all drives, if one drive fails the whole pool is gone, data is distributed to all devices evenly in 1GiB chunks, so a single file can end up in all the devices.

ah ok thank you.. guess i moving the lancache to the array  juggle some files to other hard drives then

and get 2 2tb sata ssds and mirror  it wouldnt be so bad but epic games drives you nuts with there launcher  makes u download the games every time cant simply copy