How to add xfs formated Drive after using an outdated USB Flash Back Up

Hi from Germany,

I am a freelance filmmaker and using unraid as an media archive.

Recently my USB flash drive broke. Unfortunatley the last back up I made dates back more than a year. In that time I added one new drive to the array.

After I created a new USB flash drive with the back up .zip file, it recognizes the parity and the older array disks. 

I can not start the array with the drive I added after the last USB flash back up even though it is listed under the unassigned devices with .xfs format.

No I am wondering whether I should start the array and try to add this disk later (if that is even possible?) or make a fresh unraid USB install and then create an array with the data drives?

I would be very grateful for any help

Julius

You want to use Tools>New Config; select the option to use current assignments; return to the Main tab and add the extra drive.   You now start the array to commit those assignments.    By default UnRaid will rebuild parity, but if you are certain that parity is valid you can tick the “parity is already valid” checkbox before starting the array to avoid rebuilding parity.   

• Like 1
9 hours ago, itimpi said:

You want to use Tools>New Config; select the option to use current assignments; return to the Main tab and add the extra drive.   You now start the array to commit those assignments.    By default UnRaid will rebuild parity, but if you are certain that parity is valid you can tick the “parity is already valid” checkbox before starting the array to avoid rebuilding parity.   

Thanks a lot! This was exactly what I was looking for!