Are highpoint controllers still bad, good, or just not as bad as the wiki states?

recently ended up setting up my NAS with a High Point RocketRaid 2720, which only after double checking after the hardware wiki article states that they would cause parity desyncs after rebooting, but having rebooted a couple of times now it still appears to work just fine.

So does it work or does it break in a more delayed fashion now?

3 minutes ago, anguishCAKE said:

recently ended up setting up my NAS with a High Point RocketRaid 2720, which only after double checking after the hardware wiki article states that they would cause parity desyncs after rebooting, but having rebooted a couple of times now it still appears to work just fine.

So does it work or does it break in a more delayed fashion now?

Have you actually run non-correcting parity checks to verify it's ok?

5 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Have you actually run non-correcting parity checks to verify it's ok?

I have not now that you've mentioned it, but it appears that my PCs lost power during the night so didn't notice anything until the morning when I wanted put some files on it, it's been running for a good while(~4 hours done and ~2.5 hours to go) with zero errors so far. But does that mean I'll have to rerun it one more time without parity correction and see if I get a different result since shouldn't just seeing the errors found be enough?