Another Windows 11 VM TPM question

ytddewqf

Hello,

I have a Windows 11 VM running on my unRaid server however with the latest updates from Microsoft, they are starting to enforce the TPM requirement.

132118739_Screenshot_20210923-191551_MicrosoftRemoteDesktop.thumb.png.4b9a3b500de5acf2b429951360528045.png

I run a Gigabyte Z490 motherboard and have enabled via the bios the "Intel Platform Trust Technology (IPTT)",
however the VM is still not detecting any TPM.

Screenshot_20210924-092548_Firefox.thumb.png.e8fa68875f56b3b2ea5274c8d7665fd1.png

I have read on the forums that I can either pass through the TPM or emulate it. I would prefer to passthrough.

Checking my devices list, I can see no mention of the module or anything that may have ownership for it.

Screenshot_20210924-092531_Firefox.thumb.png.f758ad474cdc4428e732a4ca9e4ddf88.png

Screenshot_20210924-092535_Firefox.thumb.png.f2a30830cf85fbaaaa636685e7156e7b.png

Can someone please advise as I have ran out of ideas and have arrived at a crossroad with unRaid and Windows 11.

Many thanks.

Edited by BeardedNoir
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is already in the works from @limetech itself but will need an additional Kernel module and will be most likely included in the next or one of the next RCs.

But keep in mind if you pass through the TPM from the host you can use it only for one VM at the same time.

Hello,

Many thanks for the reply, good to know that it's in the works.

For me, passing through the TPM would be ideal as I only have/use the one VM. 👍

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any ETA of the new RC including this feature? Cannot install the latest updates on Win11 due to the TPM restrictions. Just want to avoid to setup / install some virtual solutions if a passthrough solution for using the onboard TPM hardware will be there in short time.

Waiting on that too. I would like to passthrough my tpm. 

Probably the emulated tpm will be used for most of us, then we could use more then one VM with Windows 11 at the same time. 

Both options would be nice to have natively on Unraid.  

Edited by Tarcisio
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, Coke84 said:

Is there any ETA of the new RC including this feature? Cannot install the latest updates on Win11 due to the TPM restrictions. Just want to avoid to setup / install some virtual solutions if a passthrough solution for using the onboard TPM hardware will be there in short time.

just switch to the testbranch. 
I was too lazy to write a new version of this. so here.