Bose SoundTouch wireless adapter and Unraid using MiniDLNA (SOLVED)

Rhodius

I've been struggling to get my setup to work since I've gotten Unraid last year, but I've just found a solution indirectly in the forum here so I figure I want to post a note in case there's someone who has the same setup and need to get it to work.

I have a set of more than 15 years old Bose 321 speaker systems. With everything moving to smartphones, it's been sitting gathering dust until 2 years ago when I found that Bose created the SoundTouch wireless adapter to allow these speaker systems to be "Wifi"-capable. These adapters are now only available from ebay, but I was able to get it to work with my old NAS, streaming music from the NAS to the "player", i.e. SoundTouch adapter and the android app that controls it.

When I switched to Unraid, I was never able to get this setup to work, I've tried several media players, I'm currently using Plex for Videos, but it's not showing up on the SoundTouch. Until today when I came across posting from 2018 about similar setup (I thought?). Several members on this forum suggested to the poster to use mini DLNA. So then I tried installing Binhex MiniDLNA and was able to get the NAS (Unraid) recognized by SoundTouch, added the music folder (both in MiniDLNA and the SoundTouch app NAS source) and then was able to control and stream my music collection using the SoundTouch app and playing through the 321 speakers. 

Thank you and hopefully this post may help someone else. 

• Like 1