Unraid 6.9.2

Hi everyone,

I don't know where else to ask and seeing as I'm quite new to this I'm completely lost:

I recently updated to Unraid 6.9.2. After completing the updated, I kept working on the server for a few more minutes and after that decided to restart the array for the changes to take effect.

After restarting I had this problem - Docker Service Failed to Start. I have no idea why and I don't know what the contents of the log mean.

Did a parity check and everything looks good.

I ran and downloaded the diagnostics, and the docker log file reads as follows:

time="2021-10-13T19:16:01.590161186-07:00" level=error msg="garbage collection failed" error="input/output error"
panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x10 pc=0x9fa7e5]

goroutine 29 [running]:
github.com/containerd/containerd/gc/scheduler.(*gcScheduler).run(0xc000084ba0, 0x1da1380, 0xc000040060)
	/tmp/tmp.nEFLvHBBrz/src/github.com/containerd/containerd/gc/scheduler/scheduler.go:316 +0x765
created by github.com/containerd/containerd/gc/scheduler.init.0.func1
	/tmp/tmp.nEFLvHBBrz/src/github.com/containerd/containerd/gc/scheduler/scheduler.go:132 +0x429
time="2021-10-13T19:16:01.593961674-07:00" level=error msg="containerd did not exit successfully" error="exit status 2" module=libcontainerd
failed to start daemon: input/output error

Could someone give me a hand and tell me what I have to do to get the Docker Service running again?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

@Squid, I'm sorry, I thought the log was what would be needed. After your message I tried posting it but I had a 1 post/day limit. Since then I haven't managed to come to the forum.

The server has actually been functioning on and off this last week and a half. After my initial post, it somehow "fixed" itself temporarily and the Docker Service started working again without me doing anything, then broke down a couple more times and came back on.

Right now the Docker Service can't be started. This is the diagnostics I ran a few minutes ago.

I also had this error message in the docker tab:

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 682
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 866

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 682
Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 932
No Docker containers installed

tnt-diagnostics-20211030-1122.zip

Edited by AGuyInTheWrongRoom
Edited to add info and to mention Squid
54 minutes ago, Squid said:

OK I did that now. The docker image path was "/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img" so after deleting it I moved the path to "mnt/cache/docker.img" as you suggested.

I reactivated the Docker service and rebooted the system, but still nothing. I noticed that the cache disk was full. I only have one cache disk which is a 120GB SSD, and it's being used to save incomplete torrent downloads. Now that I think about it, it has been full or close to full almost always.

So I after recreating the docker image and rebooting the system without results, I ran the mover which cleared space on the cache disk and then rebooted the system. This time it worked and the docker service was enabled. I'm now redownloading my applications.

So I guess that's it, it's solved? Thank you for the help.

I guess I still have some reading to do regarding the use of the cache and how to keep it from being used at full capacity.