Backup Google Drive and Photos to Unraid

parsec

Background is that we recently moved a daughter from a regular windows laptop to a Chromebook/Google Drive/Photos setup.

She will access those data from her chrome book, phone, tablet and a browser at work.

Lots of pros and cons.

Now we would like to setup an automated backup of her data placed at Google Drive/Photos. It is not a lot, just about 80G.

Manual exports, or trusting that Google never fails, is not in scope :)

Anyone with a good idea for this?

• 4 months later...

The workaround is very manual. A Firefox Docker on Unraid. Every time daughter visits, she uses the Firefox to order Takeout on Google, set it to download the files and close her browser, while the docker'ed Firefox continue the download of takeout files.

Rather manual, but very simple and takes only but a few minutes. Effort/Risk ratio is good.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys, I'm a UnRaid "new fresh user" after a long time spent on search and read this forum, finally I found this thread. 

I tried the solution with windows VM, for Google Backup.

Now the point is Google is not "happy" with network folders (in my case, sheared from UnRaid array). I can use only a local folder inside the VM)

Any suggestion to solve this issue? Did anyone had the same problem?

Many thanks.