View contents of cache?

Elmojo

So I feel stupid for even asking this, but my searches have all come up empty.

My dashboard is suddenly reporting that my cache is 75% full. I haven't been watching it super closely, but I think it's been running about 20-30% previously. I'd like to take a look to see what's on the cache, so I can figure out what might be clogging it up, but for the life of me I just can't find a simple way to view what's installed or residing on that drive.

Someone please school me on the simple answer I know I'm overlooking. :)

15 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Shares tab, compute should get you closer.

It will? I don't see where the cache drive is reflected on the shares tab, since I'm not "sharing" any of its contents specifically.

At least I don't think I am. I should probably had said that I'm fairly new to this. :)

On 10/21/2021 at 9:39 AM, JonathanM said:

Click compute all, wait a while and refresh the page, see what comes up.

Sorry for the delay, was having surgery yesterday.

So I did the 'compute all', and it just shows more of the main folder structure/size overview, but now broken down by drive. It still doesn't show me any of the individual folders (or sizes) on any of those drives. I see that several shares are using the cache drive (which I knew), and that it has about 32GB free.
What I need is some way to browse through the entire cache drive, and look at it folder by folder to determine which app or process is eating up all the space.

I kinda suspect it's tdarr, since that was the last think I installed, but I can't confirm that, or find a way to purge those files.

Edited by Elmojo
typos, poor grammar

So I found QDirStat as an option to browse the contents, and it works great. It's pretty similar to WinDirStat, which I've used for years on PCs.

Anyway, the issue now is that some directories it can't scan, telling me I lack required permissions.  Same thing when I try to delete certain folders, denied due to permissions.

So... how do I log into QDirStat with the proper permission level to allow me to delete the stuff I want gone?

I tried searching the docs for that app, but no joy. It mentions the need for permissions, but not how to get them.