[Solved] UNRAID Instability

Hey all. Pretty new to unraid, and it's been highly recommended by colleagues in the IT world. 

But.....I'm getting my rear kicked. I'm having stability issues, and it's throwing a "Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt Kernel Offset: disabled." everytime I try to reboot or shut down. On two machines. I've recreated the USB, I've tried different USBs, I've tried different USB ports. Here's the configurations tested:

Gigabyte z270-hd3-cf with i5-7400 and 32 GBs of ram. Has an LSI 9208? (I've tried 2 different LSI HBAs), solarflare SFN6122F 10g nic, and a GTX-1650 in it. 

Also tried in my Gigabye z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF with i7-8086K 16 GBs of ram, solarflare SFN6122F 10g nic, and a GTX-1060. I didn't test stability, but it throw the kernel panic on shutdown/reboot. 

So to me: its either a solarflare SFN6122F issue, or a Gigabyte BIOS issue. Any ideas? Both of these have been stable for years now. The i5 machine has been literally up for the 9 months before wanting to move to unraid. At this point, I'm kinda mad I spent $130 on it. I'm pretty sure it's a bios setting or hardware compatibility issue, and was hoping someone had an idea before I quit and go back to windows for my media server.  EDIT: running UNRAID 6.9.2, on a sandisk cruzer glide

MNqOdVV.jpg

Edited by skels130
Forgot version number

Apparently, I should have googled better to begin with.

Lets try removing the 10G card, and I'll report back.

Odd that it would work for bits at a time, and worked in some machines but not others (I had temporarily run unraid on one of my 1u servers for data transfer reasons)

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/87528-solved-sfn5122f-10gbps-sfp-nic-just-not-showing-up-in-network-interfaces/page/2/

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/101817-10gbe-nic-kernel-panic/

• skels130 changed the title to [Solved] UNRAID Instability