Server almost unusable due to full cache drive

majbom

Hi.

Apparently I have something installed or setup so my cache drive is filled to the limit; 0 bytes left 😞

Now I'm not able to start the Docker service and my VMs seems gone 😢

I have tried to move all shares away from the cache drive, but it doesn't help. I would've liked to run QDirStats (to help me solve what is going on and clean up), but as my Docker service is down, that's not possible.

Where do I go from here?

Please tell me what info you need to give a hint.

Thanks

Mover ignores cache-no and cache-only shares, and moves cache-prefer share from array to cache, and cache-yes shares from cache to array. You can toggle Help for the whole webUI from the Help (?) button on the main menu, and toggle help for a specific setting by clicking its label. Take a look at the Use cache setting.

Set appdata, domains, system shares to cache-prefer or cache-only, these shares are already all on cache as they should be so cache-only is OK. You want these on cache so dockers/VMs will perform better and not keep array disks spunup.

All of your other shares should be cache-no or cache-yes. Any shares that have files on cache (video, www) will have to be set to cache-yes to get them moved to the array.

Your docker.img and libvirt.img are corrupt due to full cache.

After you get room on cache you will have to recreate your docker.img

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management#Re-Create_the_Docker_image_file

and reinstall your dockers

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Docker_Management#Re-Installing_Docker_Applications

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Guess you didn't read the wiki links I gave above.

Yeah, I was a bit to fast there.

I have now set the cache settings as you described. That only free'd 45 MB. So when I try to install QDirStat, it fails. I have tried to make the docker image file 10GB instead of 20, but it makes no difference.