Hardware failure, replacing components.

ratmice

Hi team. Have been away for a few days and came home to a dead server (deets in sig), will just not spin up at all. Pulled the power supply, and it tests out fine, so it appears to be a MB/CPU issue. This server has been running mostly trouble free for about 10 years, so it owes me nothing at this point. One of the NICs died a couple of months ago, also. I have a new MB (Supermicro X11SSM-F), CPU (Xeon E3-1245), and memory (Nemix 32GB Kit DDR4-2666MHz PC4-21300 ECC Unbuffered Server Memory) en route.

Needless to say, I'm a bit sleep deprived from freaking out about it and figuring out the new components, and I know just enough about this topic to make myself dangerous. Is there some best practice advice for how to go ahead and effect the rebuild, or is it just - plug the stuff in, replace the UnRAID USB drive and turn her back on? I am slightly peeved that I can't find my most recent copy of the disk assignments from the server, but I am hoping that the system is smart enough to see that everything is still in the same location in my Norco 4220 chassis.

Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated.

Edited by ratmice