Server Down

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hello all,

So I was out of town for about a week and during that time, our internet stopped working. I usually take care of these type of issues but because I was not in town, my family had to call the ISP. When I came back, my server would not turn on. I'm not exactly sure what happen but it would not boot. So, I removed the flash drive that contains the license key for Unraid and I re-flashed it. It booted and I reassembled my array but I am missing most of my shares. I see a few but most of them are missing. Could someone please guide me on what to do next?

Thank you,

Ramnik

• Solution

Looks like you started from a fresh install with only your license. 

19 hours ago, ramnik_sekhon said:

reassembled my array

Could you tell us more details about that? Are you absolutely sure you assigned your disks correctly? Did it build parity?

Do you have a flash backup? Your configuration is completely in the config folder on flash.

Can't tell much else since you haven't started the array since rebooting before getting those diagnostics.

1 minute ago, ramnik_sekhon said:

I made a copy of the contents

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Your configuration is completely in the config folder on flash

So you should be able to get the config folder from your copy and put it on flash to get back the rest of your configuration.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:30 PM, ramnik_sekhon said:

missing most of my shares

Won't have any effect on whether or not you are missing shares, though, because the shares are simply the combined top level folders on array and pools. If those folders exist, the shares exist, and if those folders don't exist, the shares don't exist. Your configuration does have settings for your shares (.cfg files in config/shares), and any share without a corresponding .cfg has default settings. But, it is those top level folders that are the shares.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Can't tell much else since you haven't started the array since rebooting before getting those diagnostics.

Start the array and post new diagnostics.

15 hours ago, ramnik_sekhon said:

Taking a look at the old config folder and it contains a shares subfolder. Even within that folder, I'm missing a lot of shares. 

That folder is irrelevant as to whether shares show.   I would expect file system level corruption on one or more drives as she most likely thing to give the symptoms you describe.   Having said that can you check you even have User Shares enabled under Settings->Global Share Settings as I cannot see from the diagnostics?