Lost server connection while parity check

melvinz
Go to solution Solved by melvinz,

Hi All,

I have a 14TB disk as parity disk, and I started my first checking one day ago. But, I lost the connection to my server (even ping returns timeout) immediately after the checking started, is it normal for not able to access server while first time doing the checking?

And any estimation for how long will it take? My data pool size is 20T and 7T of it is having data, using an old CPU E3-1230v3.

It has been 24 hours after checking began, is it hung or still running?

Thanks for any help.

Yesterday, after manually reboot the server, everything comes back, and it said checking has done with no errors.

I enabled the syslog, and then, I enabled parity. (It was disabled since I installed it.)

System sent an msg which it is about to do parity sync, and then I lost all connection again.

Today, I have let it run for another 24 hours, I manually rebooted the server again, but, no matter how many times, I am still not able to connect to it.

My guessing is, as I have rebooted the server with unplug the power, and parity is enabled, every time after reboot, system triggered the auto checking.

And for my machine, parity checking will always hang there. 

Checked syslog, seems I didn't set it correctly, it only contain the info from last reboot, I have only attached the diagnostics file of my server.

Will try enable the parity again.

diagnostics-20211203-1628.zip

• 2 weeks later...