sync error: 2813

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I have my system set to run an Auto-Correcting Parity Check every 2 months (not much super important info mostly just media). The sync just started today and I logged in to check it out and noticed that I'm sitting at 2813 Sync Errors. Every other time this has run It was sitting at 0 so this is a first for me. What exactly are Sync Errors and what can I do to check everything out to make sure theres not some MAJOR issue going on? Reading the Wiki it sounds like theres nothing to worry about as I did have a couple of unexpected shutdowns but better safe then sorry (cats being cats and a power button on the top of my case -__-)
Also trying to upload my server diags and screenshots, but I keep getting a Error code: -200

A sync error is one where the contents of a given sector on the parity drive do not agree with the results of the parity calculation applied after reading the corresponding sectors from all the data drives.    If running a correcting check the parity drive sector is then overwritten with the results of the parity calculation on the basis that the data drives are to be considered correct.   A small number of these are expected if you have had unclean shutdowns.

it is normally recommended that scheduled parity checks are set to be none-correcting.    The rational is that if a drive is reading unreliably and you have not yet noticed this then you do not want it polluting the contents of the parity drive and thus potentially prejudicing the chance of recovering after a drive failure without data loss.   If you get a non-zero result from a scheduled check then you should first make sure you do not have a current hardware issue, and if you are happy then manually run the correcting check.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, itimpi said:

A sync error is one where....

Finally able to upload my server diags so those are posted below now! Right after posting this I notices something else really weird, all of my drives under the smart data are showing old age and or pre-fail regardless of age. Several are less then a year old and are showing the same as drives that are 3 or 4 years old. Ive ordered a replacement sff8087 to SATA cable for my 9211-8i as ive read that can cause some of this weirdness.

EDIT: Also last night I ran an extended health check on all 5 drives and they all passed. So I have 0 idea of whats going on here...

Array:

Parity:image.thumb.png.6ad98355a60dd0dd2e1daf30339b1b36.png

Disk1:image.thumb.png.7d94d657f28c56a3c3958d68e5b429ff.png

Disk2:image.thumb.png.500748bea5eb3352c0adbf67e81f0a29.png

Disk3:image.thumb.png.3514c46d5c2399477deca11a88882a6d.png

Disk4:image.thumb.png.438d07714018a2ec9d78734adfb97918.png

togetic-diagnostics-20220102-1827.zip

Edited by Drackeo
  • Solution
Dec 23 13:23:14 Togetic emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

Some sync errors are normal after an unclean shutdown

5 minutes ago, Drackeo said:

all of my drives under the smart data are showing old age and or pre-fail regardless of age.

That's normal, it's only the type of attribute.

• Like 1