System seems slow / may freeze briefly

Hello, for some time now I have noticed that my web interface has become slower. But now it is extreme.

When I open the dashboard, no icons, CPU load and HDDs are displayed for a few seconds.

During this time I can't establish an ssh connection with Putty. Connection timeout. After a few seconds everything works. This does not only occur during a parity check but always.

Also the creation of the diag takes 20 sec. I have already checked the USB stick for bad blocks.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this?

Greetings Yoshii

homeserver01-diagnostics-20220111-1448.zip

31 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Nothing obvious that I can see, though it's reading from various array devices, is this expected? Does it getter better if you stop whatever is reading them?

Yes, this should be normal as I am running a storj node. But I just saw that my 2nd 1gbit/s lan card is not recognised either. And the problem also occurs when the array is stopped.

Here is also a snip from iotop.

grafik.png

Edited by MrYoshii

Hi, i recently had a disk failure. The disk was still (somewhat) accessible in unRAID, but whenever this drive was connected the whole system got extremely slow (during boot and web interface). I also noticed that during startup the log said something about a slow disk response and that unRAID is switching to a slower connection speed to be able to access that drive. (It didn't help, the drive died quickly...)

I hope that this is not your problem and that all your drives are ok. But maybe it's worth checking out.