Unraid stops responding, requires hard reboot

Reva

This problem started a couple of days ago. Unraid becomes unresponsive and doesn't even show up in LAN devices on the router. All the services also become unresponsive. Network shares also become unresponsive. I have tried different ports on the router, and restarted it as well as the switch.

The only way i've been able to get it back up is holding down the power button for a few seconds for a hard reboot. I have attached the diagnostics file. I also ran "tail /var/log/syslog -f" and left the window open, I marked over some information, maybe not necessary. This issue has never occured before and unraid has been stable.

osiris-diagnostics-20220110-2224.zip

1.jpg

Edited by Reva

This seems very possible. I have an 11500k, and I updated unraid to version 6.10 RC2 just to get hardware transcoding working with plex. The update to 6.10 RC2 was done a long time ago but this issue only started occuring a few days ago. But it still seems likely to me. I'm not sure what to do however, in the thread it is mentioned that i can uncomment

# modprobe i915

in the go file. Will this render hardware transcoding impossible? Or should i downgrade unraid to the previous version?

40 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Where can i uncomment modprobe i915? I turned off the server and pulled out the usb but i can't find it in the go file or anywhere else. The modprobe.d folder is empty. Maybe i can't on v6.10 RC2 and have to downgrade?

Edited by Reva