APC Back-UPS RS 700 VA Tower UPS - $100 shipped

Rajahal

APC Back-UPS RS 700 VA Tower UPS

$99.99 + free shipping, no promo or MIR

I don't know when the sale expires, but it is an Earth Day sale, so I would expect it expires soon.

Features:

USB Connection

Replaceable battery

Snazzy LCD screen (can use it to measure instantaneous power usage just like a kill-a-watt)

700 VA / 450W should be enough to power most servers for at least a few minutes for a clean shut down

This is the same unit I'm using to protect my home theater system (TV, HTPC, receiver, etc).  Love it.  At this price, I think I'll buy a second to protect my client servers during burn in testing.

• 1 month later...

$103.03 shipped, so not bad for not really being on sale.

If they keep it at the $91 price point, and throw in free shipping soon--well, even better :)

I know you don't like to "guesstimate" how this would perform on peoples' servers, but for the budget mid-tower (say, up to 10 drives--all green and maybe 1 7200RPM), on the Corsair 430W PSU, think this can support enough if after a few minutes, power doesn't come back, it'll just shut the server down? As I said in another thread, I experienced a 5 second flicker last night, which obviously took down my server. With a device like this, it'll keep the server on, and only take it down after a set period of time has gone by without restored power, correct?

I have the next model up from this one, the 1000 VA/600 watt model and I love it. I got it a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $109 shipped. I decided to pick up it when a power outage from a storm a month or so ago killed one of my WD 2TB drives. Thankfully no data loss.

I had a chance to test the UPS this weekend when I had too many things running at once and blew a fuse ;D It didn't skip a beat.

Archived