What can I salvage of config before rebuild server?

Go to solution Solved by MoebiusStreet,

My boot drive seems to have gotten slightly scrambled, and I find myself not having a current backup. I do still have limited usage of the server, so what can I extract from it to simplify the job of setting up a fresh one?

The server does boot, but once it's up the web interface won't run, and the /boot directory appears empty. So a bunch of things that I'd ordinarily just be able to go look at aren't available to me. But I am able to ssh into the device where I can see everything (afaik) except for /boot, which should give me a leg up.

Things I'd hope to be able to figure out include

1. Which drives are which? I guess I only really care about which drive is the parity drive.
  2. What plugins do I have installed, and what are their settings?
  3. For the few Docker containers I run, what are the settings?
  4. Is there anything else I should be thinking of and I'm forgetting?

For the  #2 and #3, I do have access to the appdata share, as well as backups created by CommunityApplicationsAppdataBackup. However, it's not clear to me how to restore that data? Would I just copy my backed up data right over the top of whatever winds up there on the new server?

I expect recreating the shares should be easy: I'll just have to point new shares to the existing folders. And for user access, I'll probably wind up having to reset passwords. And I assume that I won't have any trouble contact Lime team to get the registration for the new boot drive.

Edited by MoebiusStreet
correct number
10 hours ago, trurl said:

Would have been better to just continue on that thread instead of starting a new one. Have you rebooted since that other thread?

I have rebooted, same thing continues.

I've discovered another oddity, too. The SMB connection isn't stable - but it fails at a very regular interval. That is, I can copy any file up to about 1.6GB into the server. But anything bigger than that fails with a "network error". If, immediately following the failure, I try again, it fails at (apparently) the same amount of data transferred. That regularity makes me think it's something software-related rather than just a wonky ethernet connection.

So these are all things pointing me toward something corrupted on my boot disk and I should create a new one.