Suddenly 2 disks taken out of raid

Go to solution Solved by vmax5000,

• Solution

Ok, just unplugged and re-plugged cables after power down and then booted up, now things look different. By the way, interesting that you say they are on different controllers they are both plugged into the motherboard. Here is the new diagnostics file, I'm guessing that I can now mount them and then run a parity check?

Thanks

ultimate-diagnostics-20220126-1049.zip

12 minutes ago, vmax5000 said:

they are both plugged into the motherboard

Yes, but two ports on the board are from an Asmedia controller, other ones use the Intel PCH controller.

Both emulated disks are mounting so you can rebuild on top, though it should be fairly safe if you have spares you can use those instead and keep the old disks in case something goes wrong.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

• Like 1

Ok, just unplugged and re-plugged cables after power down and then booted up, now things look different. By the way, interesting that you say they are on different controllers they are both plugged into the motherboard. Here is the new diagnostics file, I'm guessing that I can now mount them and then run a parity check?

Thanks

I stopped the array and added the disks back, when I started the array it went into a rebuild. I can't thank you enough for your very speedy support! Also I unfortunately I don't have replacements at this time, big drives are still pretty pricey, but I will be getting some asap.