Dynamic Memory on VM and Unraid Server with Win 10?

I noticed if I set initial RAM and max RAM to different values Unraid will use dynamic memory for the VM. However the Win 10 VM reports in the task manager almost full RAM usage 100% of the time and seems to be caching constantly to drives.

If I set initial RAM and max RAM to the same value, windows 10 VM reports normal ram usage via the task manager, eg 10% of Max value during idle. The issue is the Unraid now allocates all the RAM to the VM and isn't dynamic.

Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too? Dynamic memory allocation for the VM and for Win 10 VM to not think it is out of memory? I am not passing through any PCIE devices so I want to use dynamic memory.

Edited by snailtrails
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Memory ballooning is an advanced VM technique, and I believe that there are additional drivers required on the VM side.  But, on a quick google search what you're seeing seems pretty common with all hypervisors with no real solution.

I know windows hypervisor handles it pretty well when the host OS is window based (windows server on the bare metal). Mixing host linux OS with windows VM is probably going to have quirks like this. I have enough unraid RAM in reserve for now, so I will just set the VM initial and max RAM to the same value to prevent windows OS VM from thinking it is out of RAM in the meantime.

Edited by snailtrails