Split Level Confusion

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I was moving some things around today using disk shares and I'm pretty sure I have my split level incorrectly set for my TV Show folder.  Here are how my directories are setup.

--TV Shows

----Ozark

--------Season 1

-------------S01E02.mkv

If I want to keep all episodes in a season together, would my split level be "Split only the top three directory levels"?  I don't mind if Season 1 is on one disk and Season 2 is on another disk.  If I change the split level, does unRAID attempt to combine existing files, or is the change something that only changes future writes to the disks?

• Solution

Level 2 would be correct for your example as you only want to allow the Ozark level to exist on multiple drives.    Note that there is a bug if you are running 6.10.0 rc2 where changes to share settings do not seem to take effect until you restart the array.

19 hours ago, Spyderturbo007 said:

If I change the split level, does unRAID attempt to combine existing files, or is the change something that only changes future writes to the disks?

The change only applies to new files.   It would take Manual action to sort out any files that are already on the wrong disk.

• Like 1