incorrectly configured Network settings

Hi community

I was installing Wireguard and PiHole following Spaceinvader One's tutorial. Well it first somehow worked, but I could not reach my server from outside my home and the installed "my servers" plugin automatically logged in and logged out all the time, like hanging in some kind of loop. I then started to try different things with network settings on dockers and Unraid with out any success. Then I thought lets delete Wireguard and PiHole. I then tried to re-install PiHole but there was an error message it could not install PiHole because the server seems to not have a connection to the internet. Then I thought lets delete and re-install the community application. But same error could not connect to the server. I could not install the community application anymore.

After restarting Unraid I could not reach the GUI anymore, no matter what I try, servername.local, server IP address, my servers address nothing available on these URL.

Is there anyway I can get back to older settings I have made? I have the appdata on the cache disk where a backup is made once a day onto an array disk.

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions.

Best Michel

Edited by dottedpixel
2 hours ago, dottedpixel said:

"my servers" plugin automatically logged in and logged out all the time, like hanging in some kind of loop.

2 hours ago, dottedpixel said:

server IP address, my servers address nothing available on these URL

Can you reach it via https://IP-address (note, explicitly type in https, not http or just the IP)  Then you can simply go to Settings - Network settings and set everything back (And also hit update DNS in Management Settings)

Note: It's not recommended to have the OS itself run through piHole -> There's no ads in the OS (and your containers probably don't have any either), so it just introduces a major complication to everything.  (And if something is ever wrong on piHole, then you will have also lost internet access to everything)

hello

Thank you so much for your fast reply. It seems like the problem with "my servers" was either happening at the same time or I did not note it before.

I could not reach the unraid server anymore even not with https://IP-address. I then found a post somewhere how to setup the unraid boot stick new with saving a few files and copy them back. I did that and got back onto my server. I had to reinstall all dockers and plugins and everything works again except Nextcloud, I installed the Maria db docker and the nextcloud docker. But when I click on the webgui of nextcloud I get to my servers login page. I did not yet install pihole or wireguard but I followed your instructions: go to Settings - Network settings and set everything back (And also hit update DNS in Management Settings) 

about your note: It's not recommended to have the OS itself run through piHole -> There's no ads in the OS (and your containers probably don't have any either), so it just introduces a major complication to everything.  (And if something is ever wrong on piHole, then you will have also lost internet access to everything)

ow would I exclude the OS from pihole?

Thank you, I will try to do so when I get to install PiHole again.

At the end I did setup Unraid from scratch and I also reset my router because I could not get Nextcloud to work again. Even now after reseting everything Nextcloud does not work anymore, I don't even get an error page, its just saying this page does not exist. I will be on holiday for the next 3 weeks, maybe afterwards I can start again with full batteries.

Best Michel