Unraid crashes every couple of days

I made a new unraid server with an MSI B460 Torpedo and i3 10th gen CPU running unraid 6.10.0-rc2... but the server crashes every couple of days. Due to this issue I logged the syslog to flash but I don't see anything wrong with it.

What can cause the freezing of the server every couple of days?

Attached the diagnostics and syslog file. The last crash occured at 12 february at 1h00.

Thanks

nas-diagnostics-20220212-0123.zip syslog.txt

@vincentvriends Hello,

Was it a hard crash, CPU frozen, or you were still able to reach a shell ?

Because in your kernel log, beside this original successful startup message:

CoreFreq(2:6): Processor [ 06_A5] Architecture [Comet Lake] SMT [8/8]

I don't find the evidence of a Processor crash (usually, displayed with registers trapped and execution callflow)

Version 1.88 is by the way outdated, I recommend you switch to the latest 1.89.3 version. See with the unRAID plugin author for availability.

If CoreFreq is indeed the root cause, I will appreciate you create an issue with the  necessary detail on my GitHub project at:

github.com/cyring/CoreFreq/issues

Best regards

CyrIng

1 hour ago, CyrIng said:

@vincentvriends Hello,

Was it a hard crash, CPU frozen, or you were still able to reach a shell ?

Because in your kernel log, beside this original successful startup message:

CoreFreq(2:6): Processor [ 06_A5] Architecture [Comet Lake] SMT [8/8]

I don't find the evidence of a Processor crash (usually, displayed with registers trapped and execution callflow)

Version 1.88 is by the way outdated, I recommend you switch to the latest 1.89.3 version. See with the unRAID plugin author for availability.

If CoreFreq is indeed the root cause, I will appreciate you create an issue with the  necessary detail on my GitHub project at:

github.com/cyring/CoreFreq/issues

Best regards

CyrIng

I think it was a hard crash, the GUI was unreachable and when I connected a screen to the server there was no output at all.

I now uninstalled the CoreFreq plugin to see if that fixes the issue, it hasn’t crashed so far but sometimes it took a couple of days after the reboot to crash again, so we will see…

1 hour ago, vincentvriends said:

I think it was a hard crash, the GUI was unreachable and when I connected a screen to the server there was no output at all.

I now uninstalled the CoreFreq plugin to see if that fixes the issue, it hasn’t crashed so far but sometimes it took a couple of days after the reboot to crash again, so we will see…

Thanks a lot for your reply.

If feasible, you can boot my CoreFreq live ISO image at: cyring.fr

Release is 1 89.3

Development is 1.90.0

Those images are ArchLinux based with ideal kernel boot options (see project Readme.md).

CoreFreq build and startup are fully automated.

Those ISOs are huge to download, about 1 GB. 

if your Processor is stable with those ISO then your Processor is supported by CoreFreq.

Edited by CyrIng