Ipv4 and ipv6 not set ... unraid is prompting for login and password (SOLVED)

Makaveli

I had been having issues with unraid arbitrarily crashing and on those occasions i would shut the array down then reboot. The last time i did that, unraid got hung rebooting, so i finally just shutdown the server... well, the server hasn't come back online since. I attached a monitor and see that my router isn't supplying an ip address but unraid is now prompting for login and password which i do not remember. I can access server with "root" but i don't know the next steps to take to begin to resolve any of my issues. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated

thebrainz-diagnostics-20220217-1850.zip

Edited by Makaveli
solved
  • Makaveli changed the title to Ipv4 and ipv6 not set ... unraid is prompting for login and password
41 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Yes, cable is plugged in and tried another cable as well.  I disabled the oc. I'm running memtest now... is it normal for the screen to read "Loading / memtest... ok" only? It seems to be locked up but I didn't want to interrupt if it's normal.  Thanks

Yeah, I forgot to mention that if you're booting via UEFI then you have to temporarily switch to Legacy Mode (or just hit whatever function key to select the boot device on the fly) as Memtest only works on Legacy mode.

• Makaveli changed the title to Ipv4 and ipv6 not set ... unraid is prompting for login and password (SOLVED)