Buying a few new drives.. advice?

Most of the cheaper drives seem to be SMR these days. Would that be OK for me if i don't write a lot of data all the time? I really don't write to the array all that much. I do a small amount of, torrenting and NZBing, directly onto it though. Anything else I need to worry about with SMR? Should i just spend the extra on CMR?

All of my current drives have been spinning for almost six years. I want to replace all of them before problems start. I want to keep all my data. I don't want to rebuild each drive one by one. My luck that would kill enough drives to loose data. What is the best way to do this?

Also, my current cache SSD is at 42TBW and also has nearly six years of power on time. It's an MX300 275GB. Crucial says its endurance is 80TBW. If I buy some new drives should I also replace it? Was looking at a cheap 480GB BX drive.. I don't really need the DRAM of the more expensive ones. Again, I don't write too much on the cache. It only runs a few dockers (PLEX, Sonnar and NZBGet) and a single, very low use, Win7 VM. I don't even write to the SSD and then use mover. I just write directly to the array.

Cheers :)

Edited by superderpbro

I have all my important stuff backed up in multiple places. It totals less than 30GB. I could lose everything on my server and technically be ok. But it would be VERY annoying, heh. 

6 year old HDDs is just asking for trouble. But no .. no reason other than age. Parity drive is 47517 (5y, 5m, 2d, 21h) old. So are most of the others. 

Edited by superderpbro