Drive became disabled while replacing parity drive. What to do?

Go to solution Solved by bleejean,

I just got some new larger drives to upgrade some of my existing drives for more storage. The new drives are larger than my parity drive so I started by replacing the parity drive and starting the array. Apparently when I installed the new drive I bumped a cable or something and one of the data drives reported as "unmountable." I have no reason to think that it has failed or anything. I ran a SMART quick test and it had no issues. However, it still showed up as "disabled" even after I reinserted the cables.

Being kind of stressed and not being careful enough, I started following instructions for re-enabling a disk (that happened to be instructions for rebuilding a disk, something I cannot do because the parity drive has not been rebuilt yet!). Whoops! I unassigned the disk then started the array. Then I stopped the array and now the disk shows up as a new device.

Is there any simple way to undo my mistake? If I reinstall the old parity drive will Unraid recognize it and let me rebuild the disk? Is there a way to make Unraid realize that the "new device" is actually the proper disk that should be there?

Thanks for your assistance!