Drive disappeared then reappeared and didn't get put back into raid 1 cache pool. Please help.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

1949605761_2022-03-1620_14_03-Tower_MainMozillaFirefox.thumb.png.c40462155729941b249b73d8f157514e.pngMy ssd cache drive disappeared and reappeared.  (I know, I need to get rid of the motherboard that is 14 years old as it's failing).

The drive did reappear but I'm not sure how to get it back into the cache pool that is setup as raid 1. 

1.  Why didn't the cache 2 just take over as a single drive if cache 1 became unavailable?  Isn't this the whole point of raid 1 that one drive drops off and the other drive still works, you're still okay?

2.  The drive is there now, how do I move it back to cache?

3.  When I do move it back to cache, will I lose everything on the cache drive (i.e. all docker applications, or is the docker apps saved on the thumb drive, or will it just go back to the way it was before the failure?

4.  Do you guys think it's the drive failing, the cable failing, or the SATA port on the MB failing?

I was thinking of buying the Chenbro NR12001 server (https://www.ebay.com/itm/353796006228 ) which has tons of sata ports, and is similar to my current MB as far as speed/capability.  I can also reuse my ddr3 16gb memory which is a bonus.

3-16-2022 tower-diagnostics-20220316-2030.zip

Edited by tr3bjockey
correct wording. clarify question

Stop the array, unassign the remaining cache device, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign all cache devices (there can't be an "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" warning for any cache device), start array, post new diags after array start.

• 2 weeks later...

The miser part of me decided to just buy the jmb585 card, since I have a video card currently using a 1x (just need it to play with the bios).  I disconnected the sata drive that was causing the problem and the system booted up fine, remoted into it fine, and all the dockers seems to be working.  Once I get this card, I'll transfer over the 4 spinning rust to the card and use the mobo sata port that were previously plugged into the spinning rust.  I bought new sata and power splitters, and I'm not using the same port that might have been the issue too.  Do you know if I can run two of these cards at the same time?

61LTsOto3FL._AC_SL1200_.jpg