UDMA CRC error

I have 2 cache drives in a pool.  Quite a few months ago I got a small number of UDMA CRC errors on one of the drives (UDMA CRC error count = 3).

I changed the SATA cable, acknowledged the error in the dashboard and it all looked good.

The pool functions normally.  I have no issues with it, but every few weeks that drive will come up with failed and a UDMA CRC error count of 3.  When I look at SMART data the count is not increasing, it still has a total error count of 3.

So my question is how do I acknowledge the UDMA CRC error count of 3 permanently for this drive and only have unraid notify me if this increases?

2 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

On the Dashboard, click the thumb down and you should have a popup menu with the possibility to Acknowledge.

Thanks for that.  I do click the thumb down and select acknowledge.  It then turns green for a few weeks and will then have the orange thumbs down again.  When I hover over it it will tell me that the drive has 3 UDMA CRC errors, but these are not additional errors, its still the same 3 errors that I have acknowledged quite a few times.  I was hoping there was a way to only get the drive flagged if there are additional errors.

4 hours ago, Luc1fer said:

Thanks for that.  I do click the thumb down and select acknowledge.  It then turns green for a few weeks and will then have the orange thumbs down again.  When I hover over it it will tell me that the drive has 3 UDMA CRC errors, but these are not additional errors, its still the same 3 errors that I have acknowledged quite a few times.  I was hoping there was a way to only get the drive flagged if there are additional errors.

You are only meant to get told again if it changes :(   The value is saved to the flash drive when you acknowledge it so maybe there is some issue getting the saved value off the flash drive?

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, itimpi said:

You are only meant to get told again if it changes :(   The value is saved to the flash drive when you acknowledge it so maybe there is some issue getting the saved value off the flash drive?

That would make sense and was what I would expect it to do.  How do I go about checking the flash drive?  I can see that the system is able to write to the flash drive as there are upto date parity-check logs.