Why only boot from BIOS? + never rebooted from within the Unraid GUI

Go to solution Solved by DavidTMT,

I didn't read your diagnostics, but I faced a similar issue on a Z590 / B560 chipset. I use the Intel i5-11400 as a CPU.

Unraid would never boot directly. I had to go into BIOS to choose the boot device, which would work every time.

I fixed this by turning off 'fast boot' options in the BIOS. After turning off fast boot, the boot-up process took longer, but I boot into Unraid every time. I strongly suggest giving this a shot. I also updated my BIOS, but I don't think that's what fixed the problem.

• Solution
23 minutes ago, preference said:

I didn't read your diagnostics, but I faced a similar issue on a Z590 / B560 chipset. I use the Intel i5-11400 as a CPU.

Unraid would never boot directly. I had to go into BIOS to choose the boot device, which would work every time.

I fixed this by turning off 'fast boot' options in the BIOS. After turning off fast boot, the boot-up process took longer, but I boot into Unraid every time. I strongly suggest giving this a shot. I also updated my BIOS, but I don't think that's what fixed the problem.

Thanks!  I will try your solution tomorrow morning and let you know the outcome.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...