SanDisk USB not recognised by USB Flash Creator

gertab

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Tried latest unRAID USB Flash Creator on Windows 11 and when attaching a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 64GB I see the 'incompatible' error. I then moved that USB drive to macOS and it sees the GUID allowing me to create the unRAID USB Flash drive without issue. Just sharing my experience with SanDisk.

UPDATE: I re-installed with W10 with all latest updates and same issue, just macOS seems to be able to work.

Edited by Trunkton
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ambreswe said:

Yup, tried that, booted but all config was gone and it complained about not being able to find an UID on the USB, so that didn't work.
I've managed to fix the old USB in windows with chkdsk.
I also have an older Sandisk USB now which is my backup USB, which works with the tool.

Yeah, flash drives without a unique UID won’t work.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of questions:

1. enable UEFI boot method, how do I know if I need to do this?

2. the "manual method" referenced above has us download the original unraid boot files from the website: what about all our settings, disk allocations, all that stuff? I thought even the manual method would involve a backup Flash from the existing server.

derp, this is probably that step:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/changing-the-flash-device/#manual-method

"Before removing the flash from the PC, copy the boot/config folder from the backup you made, into the flash drive, overwriting existing files."

to possibly answer my #1 question, I can look and see how I'm currently booting under Main > Flash, go to bottom for this.

Server boot mode: Legacy

Permit UEFI boot mode <checkbox> mine is unchecked.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 082933.png

Edited by rutherford