Docker Port Error

robr

Hello,

I broke my server. Now while I'm trying to fix it I am having trouble re-installing apps (such as mariadb) as it says the port is already being used.

If I have uninstalled the app and its dependencies, and it does not show up as being used, but it thinks it is, how do I clear it?

Thanks.

See error below....

Attention

One or more ports used by this application are already in use by another service or app running on your server. You will need to adjust the host ports accordingly on the template

There's MANY ports in use on any given random server.  

This isn't an "error"  It's simply telling you that one of the ports in the template interferes with a port that's already in use on the server.  Could simply be the template's default wants to use port 80 and you will need to adjust it on the template

This is simply a tool CA is showing you to try and lessen errors and support requests to the various maintainers by pointing out that you have to adjust one or more of the host ports listed in the template.

• Like 1

Thanks Squid, probably should have added a bit more...

the problem I have is I deleted the app that was using port 3306 (mariadb), and want to replace it with another app that calls 3306.  I thought that as I deleted the original, and it no longer shows up in the allocations that it should be cleared, but it seems that it still thinks 3306 is being used.  I'm happy enough just to re-allocate a new port but just wondering if there is some reset I need to do to clear the original for tidyness.

• 6 months later...