GPU P2 power state

On 4/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, Jackal24 said:

That works for getting it to go to p8 (idle) when not in use, but it doesn't help me to get to p0 (full power) instead of p2 when being used.

I totally misread this thread yesterday. So there is a thing called force p2 state in the windows world for nvidia cards in the 1xxx series. I wonder if the same thing is going on here and that is why you can't get it out of that power level state. I assume you have tried running more transcode workers on it in tdarr and it is just stuck there?

27 minutes ago, BlinkerFluid said:

I totally misread this thread yesterday. So there is a thing called force p2 state in the windows world for nvidia cards in the 1xxx series. I wonder if the same thing is going on here and that is why you can't get it out of that power level state. I assume you have tried running more transcode workers on it in tdarr and it is just stuck there?

I have tried loading it up with no change to the power state.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having an identical issue. I have a GTX 1660 Super that's refusing to go any higher than P2. It was stuck at P2 permanently, but now it does go down to P8 on idle after I set up Spaceinvaderone's Nvidia Powersave script, but I can't get it to go up to P0 even under load, and it looks like my workloads are being pretty heavily limited by this.

I also tried switching to the open source driver but that didn't seem to do anything.