Unassigned devises are getting added to array when I plug them in.

Hello,

I am a noob in all this. My unassigned devises are getting added to the array automatically when i plug it to the server.

I tried unplugging and plugging again but that won't help. I tried restarting server but no luck. I don't know what is happening.

Can anyone help me please?

Edited by Lalit
  • Lalit changed the title to Unassigned devises are getting added to array when I plug them in.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Being a noob I tried resetting the config after reading a post that suggested deleting the some files from config folder on my usb flash drive which i am using as my os usb drive. And as I am dumb and frustrated by the problems, I did not store the back up of my usb flash drive before deleting the files. :(
I have deleted all the files accept the .key files and super.dat and disk.cfg because i thought that if i would delete disk.cfg file I will lost my data on disks.

So now i can't access my sever at all. Not on network from my explorer or from the webgui. I don't know what to do. Can you please help.

My initial thoughts are to simply delete everything on the flash drive (except for the .key file) and remake the flash drive and cut your losses and go from there (your data is NOT at risk)

It's hard to run through in my head exactly what kind of state you managed to put the flash drive into.

If you have access to the command prompt / terminal, can you try grabbing the diagnostics from the command line

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lalit said:

It's a zip file you need all of it or you need to see any specific file?

Nearly always all of it is wanted (which is why is one reason it is a zip file) as it contains much more about your system (to help with diagnosis) than just the syslog.

• Like 1

Thanks I'll do that and get back to you.

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

You deleted a file named "go" from config.  You need to recreate it

Is this just a text file? And the code you have provided is the contents of the file?

Hello,

I have created the file named go and copied the content in the text file and then i booted again. But i can still can not access it. I am trying to access by name "http://tower.local" and by ip address but no luck.