Tower not connecting to new network

Hi all,

I have had my tower up and running for quite a while, recently I moved house and set up a new network (new modem/router - TP Link Archer VR2100). Previously I had a static IP configured. When I plugged my tower into the network and tried to connect I had no luck. I changed the network cfg to the following:

USE_DHCP=yes

IPADDR=

NETMASK=

GATEWAY=

After a reboot no IP was being assigned to the tower. The tower is the only device physically connected to the router, when I go into the router page it is showing there are no wired clients. I have tried a number of cables that have all been shown to be working.

I'm lost as to why the router is not detecting the tower as a wired client. Any help would be really appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20220504-1302.zip

3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You might want to also carefully check your power/SATA cabling.   Your syslog is full of resets on device ata6 (logs do not go back far enough to identify the exact device)

What would I be looking to fix?

11 hours ago, trurl said:

Your diagnostics indicated no ethernet so you might also check cables, plugs, ports on server, switches, router. And try other ports.

I was able to connect a laptop to the router via the same router port using the same cable. When trying this on the tower the eth port lights on the tower come on but it doesn't show up in the router page or get assigned an IP. Any idea what I can try?

Edited by kpro