unraid server randomly crashing - diags attached

Hi there, I need some help please. I have three unraid servers, and one of them constantly crashes after a few days. I've not been able to get to the bottom of it, partially also because I don't know where to look in the logs. Could somebody please point me into the right direction?

When unraid crashes, the VMs stop working and the GUI doesn't open anymore either. I have to then do a forecful power-off action to get the system to shut down.

Thanks!

super-nas-diagnostics-20220505-1938.zip

I thought the above tips for AMD machines was the solution, but just a few minutes ago, my UNRAID machine crashed again. I had gone into the BIOS and removed XMP stuff, with the consequence that my RAM was running at 2.400 MHz despite being 3.600 MHz. CPU overclocking wasn't enabled anyway, so that wasn't it.

I couldn't find anything on C states in the BIOS though.

Any other suggestions maybe also to troubleshoot things in the first place? ThankS!

2 minutes ago, theunraidhomeuser said:

I couldn't find anything on C states in the BIOS though.

The post mentions to 1st to change power supply idle control, if that setting is not available then disable c-states, I would be very surprised if there's no such setting in the BIOS.

I can't find anything on power supply idle control, other forums mention this applies to older motherboards only, this MB is only around 18 months old.. no mention of c-states either, manual is attached... is MSI maybe calling this differently? Appreciate your time and effort to support me with this!

Maybe worth adding that I had this same server running (and plotting CHIA coin) for nearly 10 months, 24 hours per day and with XMP settings). It's also running a VM that constantly has data traffic, these issues only occurred recently in the last 3-4 months or so...

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR (01).pdf

Edited by theunraidhomeuser
added info