One of my Windows 10 Machines is unable to access SMB Share

I've spent 5 hours scouring the internet looking for a solution. I've had 3 other people review it with me and we're all stumped.

I'm able to view the folders within the root *of the* share but opening any of the folders yields "You do not have permission to access \\IP\Folder. Contact administrator to request access." (see attached for example)

The following did not work (Edit: Added more)

• new user on Unraid (with access R/W to all shares in question)
  • new local user on same machine on Windows 10
  • Tried Docker Safe New Perms
  • Created a new share set to public (imaged/attached with error)
  • In windows, enabled insecure guest logins
  • Checked every log I could find in unRaid
  • Restarted unRaid
  • Restarted Array
  • Disabled then re-nabled SMB
  • Fix Common Problems shows nothing wrong

• Removed all "Windows Credentials" from Credential Manager (unRaid server was not there though)

• Enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support & SMB Direct from Windows Features

Note: Set smb.conf with log level = 3 (and 1) and not obtaining a file to review (Maybe doing it incorrectly?)

The following did work (Edit: Added more)

• MacOS Laptop able to connect with same login credentials
  • Windows 10 VM on unRaid able to connect with same login credentials
  • Windows 10 Laptop able to connect with same Login credentials and same windows credentials

NVIDIA_Share_2022-05-09_22-06-19.png

Edited by sy1v
Adding more information and grammar correction
43 minutes ago, sy1v said:

Tried Docker Safe New Perms

The data in the share has been created by multiple sources, Docker containers that run in unRaid's docker and manually moved in via SMB when it was working before.

Edited by Celsian
4 minutes ago, trurl said:

What happens if you don't create a root share?

I think he means the root folder that contains the share list. For example if you connect to \\192.168.1.XXX\ in windows he sees the couple of shares he's created.

He did not create a share for the root user or anything like that.

When he goes to \\192.168.1.XXX\share_name it does the same thing

Edited by Celsian
45 minutes ago, trurl said:

What happens if you don't create a root share?

I've edited the OP to clarify the grammar. I'm able to access the root of the share.

It's possible you missed what I mentioned was working:

1 hour ago, sy1v said:

The following did work (Edit: Added Win10 Laptop test)

• MacOS Laptop able to connect with same login credentials
  • Windows 10 VM on unRaid able to connect with same login credentials
  • Windows 10 Laptop able to connect with same login credentials and same windows credentials

This computer was able to access the folders 3-4 weeks ago (last time I went in). Based on this, I can only conclude there's some weird issue with this computer that happened within the past few weeks.

I was having the problem some time ago.  It started when I have to do remote work.

I was able to access share on my PC before remote work, but after I start to do remote work I suddenly found I cannot.

The cause for the problem was my business anti-virus solution.  My business in Ukraine uses a business endpoint security program (it may not be so well known where you are but it's popular in business here).  After work from home I had to install on my home PC.  My work IT was able to change policy to resolve the issue I and my coworkers had on our home PCs.

So please make sure check your anti-virus, even if you use a different one because sometimes they can restrict network access too much.

Edited by Ivan_UA