NVMe drive goes missing on start of VMs

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello All, I am suspecting I have a bad NVMe drive.  But I wanted to check my logic.

Here's what I have done and observed.

Installed two used Intel PC3600s into my server.  One looked happy, unconfigured, and showed a format button.  The second showed the no symbol and array (I think).  I figured it contained stuff that was recognized and ran a pre-clear, which it failed saying out of space.  Thought this might be a fluke, but then it appeared in history.  I stopped the array, and upon removal of the history and a restart of the array, I could see the drive.  I then added it as my second cache drive.  When I started a VM, I got an alert that the drive was missing from the array.  It still showed in the MAIN page under cache.  However, when the array was stopped, the drive would then show in history.  If you restarted the array, I believe it showed up as a new ID? nvme1n2 or nvme2n1, and then again, when I restarted one of my VMs, alert of drive missing.  Lastly, I removed the suspected bad drive from the cache array, and restated the array.  Then I was able to start my VM without the drive missing alert. 

So do I have a bad drive or is something flaky in unraid?

Diags attached.

beast-diagnostics-20220521-2247.zip