Auto move files from one server to another?

Barnoe

I have my main unraid server with my plex server on that is auto on and off from 4:30pm to 2am

and another server thats on 24hrs a day and has Sonarr and Radarr on.
Is there an auto way that when my main server comes on at 4.30pm it notices new files and transfers them over the network to the plex folders?

You can use 'syncthing' for that. Install the syncthing docker on both servers and use the syncthing webui to configure the folders you want to sync. Configure it to search on LAN only (disable global discovery and use the server ip instead of 'dynamic')

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/41394-support-linuxserverio-syncthing/

It's a very powerful piece of software and i recommend to read the docs. smile.png

'Rsync' is another option if you like cli.

Or if you want you can setup a remote share on your main server and configure a user script with a simple 'mv' or 'cp' command.

If i may ask, why don't you just combine the two servers in one?

Because the server that runs 24 hrs a day uses 10w

the main server uses 500 to 600w

The 10w server only has a single drive in it (4tb)

but is perfect to leave running during the night and day when im at work downloading and giving me access to my local network remotely

While the mains server running unraid has 16TB and is obviously more powerful for when im at home.

Ive been using the sync tool on Krusader which works great but has to be manually set off.

Thanks Aran i will try syncthing :)

Edited by Barnoe