Unraid randomly keep losing internet access

For some reason unraid keeps losing internet access randomly. this all started around 6.9.2 (currently running 6.10.2). i quickly found out that if i stop the docker service (Settings -> Docker -> Enable Docker -> No) unraid will get internet access back again. but as soon as i enable docker back it becomes a ticking time bomb, until it losses internet again.

Know from what i have tryed will the unraid is unable to access the internet. is that im still able to access the GUI and able to telnet to it and also able to ping the router/dns server from the server just fine (192.168.1.1) but anything having to do with the net is dead no reply (8.8.8.8,1.1.1.1,google.com). after hoping that a update may fix the problem im having, and seeing as it did not. im finally decided to ask for help

media-server-diagnostics-20220528-1139.zip

Edited by Alacard

Strange, and IMO not particularly possible with your system set up with static IPs and DNS

First thing I'd try doing is reset the router, switches etc then reboot the server

Then if it fails again try pinging 8.8.8.8 and then post your diagnostics before stopping / starting docker so we can see the state of the system while it's failed.

Welp that didnt take to long, tryed pinging 8.8.8.8 but no reply

root@media-server:~# ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=7 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=8 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=9 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.1.254 icmp_seq=10 Destination Host Unreachable

here's the new logs

media-server-diagnostics-20220528-1301.zip

Edit: From looking at the log it looks like ipv6 is the problem, IPv6 is getting assigned to veth1ed7c5b despite having the server set to ipv4 only (Registering new address record for fe80::494:84ff:feb1:69d8 on veth1ed7c5b.*) just my 2 cents.

Edit2: just checked to make sure, ipv6 is disabled on the router so no sure where its getting the ipv6 from

Edited by Alacard

after much digging, i think i may have found the problem, i had a docker that "network" that was host, and had another docker that was on a custom network. the docker thats on the host network was created first. and then made the docker thats on the custom docker a few days later, for some reason i didnt get a error message when unraid created the 2nd docker saying that a port was already in use.(the first docker was already using the port 1900) so with both dockers running. i believe thats why i keep getting the error message "kernel: TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port" right before it start acting up. 

So far (knock on wood) seems to be working since i made that fix (been 2 1/2 hr's so far)

edit: both dockers was created back in 6.9.2

Edited by Alacard
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Simpson1974 said:

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same problem

nope never found out what the problem was or how to fix it, i took the extreme option and nuked all my containers and readded them, been fine since then

P.S. i also changed my "Docker custom network type" to macvlan from ipvlan (Settings -> Docker -> Enable advanced view)

Edited by Alacard