[v6.9.2] BTRFS error (device loop2): parent transid verify failed on 10232741888 wanted 3817019 found 3817008

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I woke up this morning to this message and I am not really sure what's going on. I haven't made any changes to the server hardware or software, except that I installed QBitorrent recently. I restarted the server and everything is working, but is there anything wrong with the server? I believe I have the same error yesterday and I had to restart my server as well. I know my hard drives are reaching their limits and I have a new one on the way. I have attached my server logs below. Thank you in advanced!unraid-diagnostics-20220529-0958.zip

• Solution

According to your diagnostics your docker.img file is corrupt.    It probably needs to be recreated and the docker applications reinstalled.

I notice that you have this file set to be 200GB - is there any reason you have it set to such a large value.    The 20GB default size is fine for most users and 30GB enough for the more extreme users. Have you had trouble with it filling up - if so this suggest misconfigured container(s) that is writing internally to the container rather than to externally mapped storage.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

According to your diagnostics your docker.img file is corrupt.    It probably needs to be recreated and the docker applications reinstalled.

I notice that you have this file set to be 200GB - is there any reason you have it set to such a large value.    The 20GB default size is fine for most users and 30GB enough for the more extreme users. Have you had trouble with it filling up - if so this suggest misconfigured container(s) that is writing internally to the container rather than to externally mapped storage.

Oh okay I see thank you! I do not know why its set that way and I will revert it back. When I recreate the docker image and reinstall the apps, will I have to reconfigure everything again or will it remain as it was before?

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also, your system share has files on the array.

I am not sure what you mean by that?

Also, thank you for your responses, and for them being so quick!

12 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't click on the links you posted. They have the information I need. Thank you.