Drive dropped from array Unraid 6.10.2

Yesterday a drive mysteriously dropped from my 21 disk array and the array is now running in emulation mode. I brought the array down. Did a smart test extended on the drive which reported no errors. Did a "destructive" through test on the drive by writing/reading/verifiying the entire drive and no errors were found.  Tried to add the drive back to the array to do a rebuild, but unraid refuses to add the drive back.  I can add it to the slot, but it always reports an unmountable drive error.  

Any suggestions?

The handling of unmountable drives is covered here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.   Since you have already destroyed the contents of the physical drive there is not much you can do except to try to repair the emulated drive.   If it repairs without creating a lost+found folder then your data is most likely all intact.   Otherwise you may want to recover contents from backups (if you have them).

If you had asked earlier we would have recommended keeping the ‘disabled’ drive intact at this point as often a disabled drive is actually OK so if repairing the emulated drive produces unsatisfactory results then repairing the physical drive would have been a possibility.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The handling of unmountable drives is covered here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.   Since you have already destroyed the contents of the physical drive there is not much you can do except to try to repair the emulated drive.   If it repairs without creating a lost+found folder then your data is most likely all intact.   Otherwise you may want to recover contents from backups (if you have them).

If you had asked earlier we would have recommended keeping the ‘disabled’ drive intact at this point as often a disabled drive is actually OK so if repairing the emulated drive produces unsatisfactory results then repairing the physical drive would have been a possibility.

Thanks. Will review link

Upon further review looks like I screwed up and the emulated drive is actually showing up as empty, and I have already formatted the actual physical drive so it looks like that data is lost.   Not a real issue in this case, because the drive did not have very much data on it to begin with.  Lesson learned.  What is the best way to move forward with getting the array back in order without loosing the data on the other drives.  Currently I have stopped the emulated array to be on the safe side.

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You need to Rebuild the failed drive to clear the disabled status.

A bit strange the emulated drive is showing as empty.  Did you at any time ask Unraid to format a drive?   If you did it would have been the emulated drive that got formatted (which would explain it showing up as empty.

Don't think so, but not impossible.

Done when drive was unattached from the array list.  In any event  I am back up and running, thanks to yourself and itimpi.   Had to do a rebuild.  Lost the data on the one drive, but thankfully it was not much and I had a backup of most of it.  The rebuild is currently about 75% through but all appears to be well so far. Thanks again for the assistance.  Ill chaulk it down to a learning experience.